A cold, refreshing glass of strawberry limeade is guaranteed to put me in a great mood! I wanted to recreate this summertime favorite drink into a treat that can be deliciously consumed. The sweet strawberry taste pairs perfectly with the tangy lime flavor! Not too sweet, not too sour – just right!
Strawberry Limeade Protein Bars
This recipe is free of gluten, wheat, & peanuts.
Makes 16 servings
Nutritional info for 1 serving (1 bar): 107 calories, 6.9g protein, 8.6g carbs, 5.9g fat, 1g sugar, 1.3g fiber
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- ½ cup oat flour
- ¼ cup almond meal flour
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- ½ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup xylitol
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- ½ cup sliced strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8×8” baking dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Combine all crust ingredients, except the coconut oil, in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the coconut oil in with the crust ingredients and stir until well combined. It should become crumbly. Spoon the crust mixture into baking dish. Using your fingers press the mixture down until it completely covers the bottom of the dish.
- Bake crust in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool while you make the bar filling.
- Add the filling ingredients, except strawberries, in a blender or food processor. Blend mixture until smooth. Pour filling mixture on top of cooled crust.
- Evenly place sliced strawberries on top of filling.
- Return dish to the oven and bake for an additional 18-24 minutes. Let cool in the fridge for at least 3 hours. Slice into 16 squares. Enjoy!
- Look for a vanilla protein powder made of wholesome ingredients, like this plant-based organic vanilla protein powder.