I LOVE meatballs. I LOVE flavorful foods. I LOVE healthy foods. And these fit the bill. This recipe is definitely on repeat at our house. These mouthwatering meatballs are packed with many bold flavors. Even so, they aren’t overpowering.
I eat them with many foods…like pasta, salad, rice, veggies, eggs, or by themselves. Feta and Italian seasoning go incredibly well together. The Tuscan Herb olive oil from Vitacost is delicious and adds a special flavor element to these meatballs.
Tuscan Herb & Feta Turkey Meatballs
This recipe is free of soy, peanuts, & tree nuts
- 2 lbs. lean ground turkey (93/7)
- ½ cup low fat crumbled feta cheese
- ¾ cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon everything seasoning of choice
- 2 whole eggs (or 3 egg whites)
- ¼ cup no salt added tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 small onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons Vitacost Sonoma Canyon Tuscan Herb Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients, except the ground turkey and olive oil, in a large bowl and stir until mixture is well combined.
- Add the ground turkey to the mixture and, using your hands, gently mix the ingredients until well combined.
- Take about 3 tablespoons (or use a small ice cream scooper) of meat mixture and roll into a 1½-inch ball. Repeat until 32-34 meatballs are made.
- Place meatballs on a non-stick baking sheet and drizzle with Vitacost’s Tuscan herb olive oil.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Let sit for 10 minutes then serve.
- To make your own breadcrumbs, add whole wheat bread of choice to a food processor and pulse until crumbs form. Toast in the oven at 325 degrees F until golden brown.