Gluten-Free Hot Cocoa Browniesgo to recipe
Some sweet, some creamy, some tart, but all delectable layers spooned and stacked into a mini parfait cup to create a delicious 3-layer chocolate cherry vegan treat you’ll thoroughly enjoy over and over again.
I’m not vegan. I’m not even gluten-free. But so many of my recipes cater to those dietary needs. Cooking vegan desserts scares me a tad – I dunno, I’m all about the eggs and butter. What can I say. However, when I nail a healthy vegan dessert recipe, I do feel compelled to pat myself on the back. Maybe take a nice, long shower, watch tv….you know all the things that are nearly impossible with a 3 and 5 year old 🙂
The boys loved this recipe too! They wouldn’t stop asking for more. Funny thing, when things are “layered” or combined for lunch or dinner food, they act like its poison. Funny how it doesn’t matter how much is combined and mixed together, they’ll go to town. kids.
If chocolate is your thing – I mean, come on – here are some other recipes of mine you may enjoy that are also vecan (I’m patting myself on the back with such intensity right now)
5 Minute Brownie Batter Cashew Butter (a favorite among my readers!)
- ½ cup unsalted grass-fed butter - 1 stick
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened dark chocolate chips - see note
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 3 eggs - at room temperature
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 10 oz. bag gluten-free marshmallows - cut into small pieces (see note)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8x8” baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt butter, chocolate chips, and maple syrup together in double boiler, whisking continuously until mixture is smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together eggs, sugar, and extract on high speed for 2-3 minutes.
- Next, while whisking, slowly pour all of the warm chocolate mixture in with the eggs, sugar and extract. Whisk in until well combined.
- Add oat and almond flour to mixture and stir with a spatula just until combined.
- Stir in 1 cup of marshmallow pieces then pour brownie mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake in the oven for 45-55 minutes. Let cook and enjoy.
- I used these organic 100% cacao unsweetened dark chocolate chips.
- I couldn’t find any marshmallows without refined sugars, so these marshmallows I found on Vitacost have no soy, corn syrup, artificial flavors, artificial colors, or gelatin. It’s the best to use aside from making your own (which may be my new mission – homemade refined sugar free marshmallow. What do you think?)