These gluten-free pistachios cookies remind me of a shortbread cookie but with itty bitty chunks of pistachio mixed throughout the cookie dough. They’re low in sugar, too, but loaded with sweet pistachio flavor.
Powdered Pistachio Protein Cookies
Makes 20 cookies
- 1 cup raw, shelled pistachios
- ¼ cup gluten-free oat flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1½ scoops vanilla protein powder, divided (see note)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Pulse pistachios in a food processor or blender until pistachios are coarsely ground.
3. Pour pistachios in a large bowl and stir in oat flour, almond flour, 1 scoop protein powder, xylitol, extract and lemon zest.
4. Whisk together egg and milk in a separate bowl then add to the bowl of dry ingredients. Mix until cookie dough holds its shape when pressed down.
5. Pour the other ½ scoop of protein powder into a separate bowl.
6. Roll about 2 tablespoons of cookie dough into a ball and drop it into the bowl of protein powder. Roll cookie in the protein powder until cookie is fully coated.
7. Place cookies on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and flatten each cookie with the back of a spoon.
8. Bake in the oven for 12-16 minutes. Let cool then enjoy!
- Look for a vanilla a protein powder made of wholesome ingredients, like this plant-based organic vanilla protein powder.
- Make these cookies vegan by substituting 1 egg with egg replacement of choice and by using a vegan vanilla protein powder (like the one mentioned above)