Your favorite sugar cookie transformed into a bar that’s topped with smooth, homemade vanilla icing. It’s gluten-free and made with simple ingredients like oat flour, coconut sugar, and egg whites, all combined to give you a sweet treat you won’t feel bad about enjoying.
Sugar Cookie Blondie with Vanilla Icing
Makes 16 blondies
- ½ cup ghee butter, at room temperature (see note)
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder (see note)
- 1 + 1/3 cup gluten-free oat flour
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup plain cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ scoop vanilla protein powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8” baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a handheld mixer, beat together butter, yogurt, egg whites, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add remainder of blondie ingredients to the mixing and stir until well combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared dish and smooth down with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 24-26 minutes.
- While the blondies cool, make the icing by whisking together all of the icing ingredients. Spread icing on top of cooled blondies, cut into 16 squares, (add sprinkles, if desired) and enjoy!
- Ghee can be substituted with coconut oil or grassfed butter.
- Aim to use a protein powder that has no artificial flavors or preservatives, like this plant-based organic vanilla protein powder.