Are these beauties really for breakfast? Indeed, they are! And they are berry berry popular, quite possibly my most popular recipe to date. Fresh blueberries are blended into the pancake batter and a homemade blueberry jam is used as the syrup to give you yummy pancakes that are packed with flavorful blueberry deliciousness. All hail blueberries! They will start your day off right because who doesn’t love a large stack of warm pancakes topped with fruit and vanilla glaze?!
Vanilla Blueberry Cake Pancakes
Makes 5 pancakes with toppings
- ½ scoop vanilla protein powder (see notes)
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup almond milk (see notes)
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- ¾ cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- Heat a skillet on the stovetop over medium heat
- In a blender or food processor, blend together egg whites, ¼ cup almond milk, ¼ cup blueberries and cashew butter until smooth. Pour into a mixing bowl.
- Add ½ scoop protein powder and oat flour to the mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Spoon about ¼ cup of the pancake mix onto the skillet, making 5 pancakes total, and cook on each side about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- For the jam, heat ¾ cup blueberries and maple syrup in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes, or until it has thickened.
- For the glaze, whisk together ¼ scoop protein powder and 2 tablespoons almond milk until smooth.
- Spoon the jam and glaze on top of the pancakes.
- Look for a protein powder with no refined sugars or artificial flavors/preservatives, like this plant-based organic vanilla protein powder.You don’t want that mess in your gut, I promise 🙂
- I like Elmhurst almond milk because it’s made of only almonds and water.