Smooth and creamy vegan ice cream made with wholesome ingredients like mango, coconut butter, and maple syrup, all combined to deliver a deliciously refreshing ice cream treat.
I feel like this ice cream should be made into a cocktail. Orrrrrr maybe just add some tequila or vodka in the ice cream mix (tee-hee). I recommend labeling it if you do that because I know little kids love this recipe (my two boys always beg for this ice cream).
All jokes aside, once you take a bite of this ice cream you will be taken to a faraway island in the tropics, for a second at least. It’s light, refreshing, and tastes oh so sweet.
Mango Coconut Vegan Ice Cream
Makes 8 servings
1 serving is about 1 cup of ice cream
- 3 cups frozen mango
- ½ cup coconut milk (see note)
- ½ cup coconut butter
- ½ lb. soft, silken tofu
- 2 cups ice
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 3 scoops vegan vanilla protein powder (see note)
- Optional Topping: coconut flakes
- Combine mango, coconut milk, coconut butter, tofu, ice, honey, and protein powder in a food processor or blender.
- Blend mixture until smooth and creamy. Stop and scrape the bowl several times to ensure everything is mixed well.
- Pour ice cream in a freezer-friendly container and smooth down with a spoon.
- Place ice cream in the freezer for at least 3 hours.
- Remove from freezer and let sit out at room temperature for 5-10 minutes. Serve with your favorite toppings.
- Use only the solid portion of canned coconut milk.
- Use a protein powder with minimal ingredients, like this plant-based organic vanilla protein powder. I like to make sure there are no artificial flavors, preservatives, or refined sugars.