Grain-Free Peanut Butter Swirl Banana Breadgo to recipe
You need no oil, gluten, grain, refined sugar, or dairy to prepare this flavorful banana bread that is filled with sweet and smooth homemade peanut butter filling. Using honey and banana as the sweetener and grain-free flours like almond and coconut flour, it’s a healthier option for a breakfast treat or dessert bread. Either way, everyone in the family will love it.
If someone you know is allergic to peanuts, simply swap the peanut butter with almond butter, sunflower seed butter, cashew butter, or any other nut butter of choice. However, it is important to use an all-natural nut butter because the natural oils are needed to make a super smooth filling.
For extra crunch, try all-natural crunchy peanut butter (or all-natural crunchy nut butter of choice). This all-natural crunchy peanut butter is our favorite!
If you want to go to the next level, try using this homemade 5 minute brownie batter cashew butter that requires only 3 healthy ingredients to create. Can you imagine? – banana bread filled with chocolate-infused cashew butter. Gimme gimme! This popular gluten-free chocolate chip banann bread is also super tasty!
You can also use your favorite gluten/grain-free baking flour blend to save some time. I always have almond, coconut, and tapioca flour in my kitchen, so I use those up before they go bad.
this flavorful banana bread that is filled with sweet and smooth homemade peanut
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a standard sized bread loaf pan with coconut oil or non-stick spray.
- Stir together the almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, and salt in large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together mashed bananas, 2 eggs, and ¾ cups honey until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients and whisk until well combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- In another bowl, whisk together one egg, peanut butter, and 2 tablespoons.
- Spoon ½ of the bread batter into prepared loaf pan (the batter is thick since the peanut butter filling will melt into the banana bread batter).
- Next, drizzle ½ of the peanut butter filling on top of the bread batter.
- Then spoon the last ½ of the bread batter into the loaf pan. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Lastly, remove from oven, drizzle the rest of the peanut butter filling on top of the bread, cover it loosely with foil, and bake It for another 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of loaf.
- I used almond milk in this recipe but any full-fat milk will work as well.
- For those with peanut allergies, simply swap the peanut butter with almond butter, sunflower seed butter, cashew butter, or any other nut butter of choice (this homemade 5 minute brownie batter cashew butter would be a delicious option, too).
- You can also use your favorite gluten/grain-free baking flour blend to save some time.
- This bread can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the fridge for up to 3 months.