Gluten-Free Cheesy Ham Drop Biscuitsgo to recipe
Do yourself a favor and enjoy these easy-peasy gluten-free drop biscuits that are loaded with tasty ham and ultra-cheesy goodness! They are incredibly easy to make since you just drop the batter on a pan (no roller or cookie cutter required) and take up a total of only 25 minutes to prepare – from start to finish.
These delicious biscuits come out of the oven perfectly crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside with cheese and ham in every bite. Treat yourselves with these and I promise they’ll be your new favorite biscuit!
They also freeze really well. Wrap them up tight and they’ll stay good in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Biscuits are comforting and good for the soul. Gluten-free biscuits that are super easy to make and are absolutely scrumptious is the type of recipe you need in your life. These especially are because, let’s be honest, the addition of cheese and ham just brings these bad boys up a delicious notch.
I took a shortcut in this recipe and used this All-Purpose Gluten-Free Baking Flour – I really loved it! The texture was perfect and flavor was on point.
Speaking of biscuits, this Spiced Apple Biscuit Cobbler is super tasty if you want a sweet and salty dessert.
- 2 cups gluten-free baking flour mix - I used Vitacost Gluten-Free Baking Flour Mix
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter - chilled and cut into small pieces, or grated (1 stick + 2 tablespoons)
- 1½ cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup ham - diced (see note)
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder - see note
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole-milk plain yogurt
- ¼ cup full-fat milk of choice
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or silicon mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine baking flour mix, butter, cheese, ham, arrowroot powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together yogurt and milk until smooth.
- Create a dome in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour the yogurt/milk mixture into the middle.
- Stir quickly, just until combined (you don’t want the batter to get too warm).
- Using a medium ice cream scoop or spoon, drop about ¼ cup of batter onto prepared pan leaving about 1 inch in between the biscuits.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the tops are lightly golden brown.
- Let cool and enjoy!
- I used uncured organic ham, thick slices.
- If you don’t have arrowroot powder (I use this organic arrowroot powder) you can use cornstarch instead.