Here is another fallicious pumpkin recipe that’s quick + easy to prepare, quite delish and free of gluten, refined ingredients, and soy. You can enjoy this granola as a cereal, a yogurt topping, or by itself. Either way, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
This was my first attempt at making a homemade granola. I’m pleasantly surprised with how it turned out. I’m not a huge fan of pumpkin treats but this, my friends, is delicious! It not only is deliciously filling but also made my entire house smell like a pumpkin spice candle.
Pumpkin Spice Protein Granola
This recipe is free of eggs, wheat, gluten, & peanuts.
Makes 12 servings
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- ¾ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice (see note)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder (see note)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper, spray with non-stick spray, and set aside.
- Place oats, seeds, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Place remainder of the ingredients (except for the protein powder) in a separate, microwave safe, bowl and stir together. Heat mixture for about 30 seconds. Stir and heat for an additional 30 seconds.
- Stir the protein powder into the liquid mixture until mixture is smooth.
- Pour liquid mixture over the oat mixture and stir, making sure everything is coated evenly.
- Evenly spread granola mix onto sheet pan and bake in the oven for 40-44 minutes, stirring two times during the baking step.
- When using pumpkin spice, make sure there are no added sweeteners or preservatives.
- To keep this recipe vegan, use a vegan vanilla protein powder made of wholesome ingredients, like this plant-based organic vanilla protein powder.