Keep cool this summer with these refreshingly tasty freezer pies that are made with wholesome ingredients like coconut cream, crushed pineapple, and honey. They are a freezer pie version of the popular pina colada drink (one of my favorite splurges) and will help you stay full & cool during the hot summertime months.
Summertime is always jam-packed with fun activities, which is exactly why you need easy and quick recipes to satisfy the whole family. Kids will love these lightly sweetened treats and you won’t feel bad about letting them indulge since they’re made with healthy ingredients.
If you really want to jazz it up this recipe for adults only, add your favorite tequila in the food processor during the blending step. Just be sure to label them – I can almost promise you that kiddos will quickly attempt to grab all they can get their little dirty hands on.
Pina Colada Freezer Pies
Makes 8 piña colada pies
1 serving is 1 frozen cup
- ¾ cup coconut cream (use the solid portion of canned coconut milk)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (see note)
- ¼ cup coconut butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons honey (see note)
- ½ cup canned crushed pineapple
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes, divided
- Place crushed pineapple on a clean towel or paper towels. Ring out as much liquid as you can then set aside.
- Blend together the first 4 ingredients in a food processor until smooth and well combined.
- Stir in the crushed pineapple and 1/3 cup coconut flakes.
- Evenly divide mixture into 8 silicone cupcake liners. Top with more crushed pineapple, if desired, and remaining coconut flakes.
- Place cups in the freezer for at least 2 hours, or until frozen. Remove from freezer, let sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes, and enjoy!
- Make this recipe vegan by using maple syrup instead of honey and using a vegan protein powder, like the one listed below.
- Look for a vanilla protein powder made of wholesome ingredients, like this plant-based organic vanilla protein powder.