All you need is five ingredients to re-create these rich chocolate almond butter bars that have a simple & beautiful marbled topping. The wholesome yet flavorful ingredients create a mouthwatering and satisfying treat that everyone will love.
Chocolate and almond butter are always in my pantry and, I would bet to say, they’ll have a permanent residence in your pantry after you taste these delicious bars!
When choosing ingredients to use in this recipe (along with all the recipes on this blog), I encourage you to avoid refined oils (like soybean oil, sunflower oils, and processed seed oils), refined sugars (like cane, brown, and white), and artificial flavors. It can be tricky since many foods contain these preservatives and cheaply made ingredients.
Using a hemp seed powder will provide numerous benefits due to its impressive nutritional profile. Hemp seeds are complete proteins, meaning they provide all 9 essential amino acids when consumed. Amino acids are building blocks of protein that help keep your body supplied with important nutrients to keep you body strong and healthy. Hemp seeds are also a powerful antioxidant, rich in fiber, healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals.
Cacao powder, unlike the commonly known cocoa powder, is rich in both flavor and nutritional benefits. I recommend you to use cacao powder because, unfortunately, cocoa powder’s benefits are stripped during the chemical processing (aka Dutch Processing) and roasting.
Look at that almond butter + melted chocolate marble goodness; just a little extra flavor boost that also happens to look super stunning!
No-Bake Chocolate Almond Butter Marble Bars
Makes 16 bars
- 1 cup almond butter + 2 tablespoons, divided
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup organic fair trade cacao powder
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons hemp protein powder (optional, see note)
- 2 tablespoons vegan chocolate, melted (see note)
- Spoon 1 cup almond butter, coconut sugar, cacao powder, coconut oil, and hemp powder to a mixing bowl.
- Whisk until well combined and mixture is smooth.
- Line an 8×8″ pan with parchment paper. Pour mixture into a pan and spread out evenly with a spoon, making sure it cover the bottom of pan.
- Drizzle melted chocolate and remainder of almond butter on top of the mixture in a zigzag pattern.
- Use a knife to swirl the almond butter and chocolate, creating a swirled marble effect.
- Place mixture in the fridge until hardened, around 3 hours. Slice into 16 squares and serve immediately.