My personal favorite tarts to date, these mouthwatering gluten-free treats have a perfect combination of sweet, salt, & tart flavors along with smooth and crunchy textures. They’re refined sugar free and kid-approved as well, all great reasons why these need to be your text guilt-free treat.
I became obsessed with using pistachios in my baking after I made these super yummy powdered pistachio protein cookies. There is definitely something about the distint nutty flavor that adds depth to sweet dishes. I’m also slightly obsessed with pistachios – they’re a solid second favorite of mine following cashews.
I added chopped pistachios to the tart crust and I beg you to not skip this step. It’s a tiny bit more work but 100% worth it.
Mini Strawberry Limeade Tarts
Makes 4 mini tarts
1 serving is ½ tart
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pistachios, chopped
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 8 oz. plain cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup coconut cream (see note)
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (see note)
- ½ cup strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray 4 mini tart pans with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Mix together crust ingredients until crumbly. Evenly spoon crust into each tart pan and press down with your fingers until crust covers the bottom and sides of each pan.
- Bake the crusts in oven for 10-15 minutes, or until slightly golden brown on the edges. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Blend together tart filling ingredients, except strawberries, until smooth. Evenly spoon filling into each pan on top of cooled crust.
- Place tarts in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Remove from fridge, top with strawberries, and enjoy!
- Use only the solid portion of the canned coconut cream.
- Look for a vanilla protein powder made of wholesome ingredients, like this plant-based organic vanilla protein powder.