There are many things wonderful about this recipe. One – donuts. Mini donuts, being the perfect size that they are, are so cute and delicious (the ration of icing to donut significantly increases). Two- peanut butter. Peanut butter lover unite! Three – it takes less than 20 minutes to whip these up, icing included!
Mini Glazed Peanut Butter Donuts
Makes 20 mini donuts
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup all-natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (see note)
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- ¼ cup almond meal flour
- ¼ cup granulated sweetener of choice
- 2 tablespoons powdered peanut butter (see note)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup powdered peanut butter
- ¼ scoop vanilla protein powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg, peanut butter and milk until smooth.
3. Add remainder of donut ingredients to the mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
4. Spray a mini donut pan with non-stick spray. Spoon donut batter into each mini donut mold.
5. Bake in oven for 8-12 minutes. Let donuts cool.
6. To make the glaze, whisk together all three glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle onto each cooled donut. Let glaze set then enjoy!
- Look for a vanilla protein powder made of wholesome ingredients, like this plant-based organic vanilla protein powder.
- A lot of powdered peanut butters have additives and flavorings. Aim to use one with whole ingredients, like this organic one that is made of only peanuts, coconut sugar, and sea salt.