This simple, dairy-free recipe is an easy and delicious way to get an extra boost of omega-3 fatty acids. Chock full of flavor and loaded with veggies, these couscous tuna cakes are a perfect one-dish meal!
Couscous Tuna Cakes
Makes 16 cakes // 1 serving is 2 cakes
Macros for 1 serving: 206 calories, 10.2g protein, 27.1g carbs, 6.6g fat, 3.6g sugar, 2.6g fiber
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons plain coconut yogurt
- Juice of 1 lime (about 2-3 tablespoons)
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup dry couscous, cooked according to package directions (about 3 cups cooked couscous)
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup scallions, diced
- 1 (5oz.) can tuna, rinsed and drained
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together egg, yogurt, and lime juice.
- Using several paper towels, squeeze excess water from the shredded zucchini then add it, along with couscous, corn, flour, sun-dried tomatoes, scallions, tuna, salt and pepper, to the mixing bowl.
- Stir mixture until well combined. Using your hands, grab about ¼ cup mix and form 16 balls. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Place 6 balls into the pan, gently flattening each with the back of a spatula.
- Cook cakes about 3-5 minutes on each side, or until a golden crust forms on each side and cakes hold their shape. Remove from heat and repeat process until all cakes are cooked.
- Let cakes cool then enjoy!