This easy to make, 6 ingredient creamy chocolate avocado freezer fudge fudge is super creamy and packs on a healthy dose of chocolate flavor! Enjoy these freezer-friendly fudge squares as a snack or dessert.
It may seem odd that avocado is used in the recipe (by the way, you would never know it’s in there if I didn’t tell you). Avocado adds not only creamy richness but also health benefits from healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals. And since avocados are calorie dense and hold a good dose of fiber, you will feel full after eating one of these delicious pieces of fudge.
Creamy Chocolate Avocado Freezer Fudge
Makes 16 servings
1 serving is 1 fudge square
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips (see note)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder (see note)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine chocolate chips, coconut oil, and milk. Stir until mixture is melted, about 8-10 minutes.
- In a food processor, mix avocado and melted chocolate mix until smooth. Add in protein powder and salt. Blend until well combined.
- Line an 8×8” baking dish with parchment paper. Pour fudge mix into dish and smooth down.
- Place fudge in the freezer for at least 2 hours. Remove, cut fudge into 16 squares, and enjoy!
- Choose chocolate chips or a chocolate bar made with unrefined ingredients, like these HU Dark Chocolate Bars.
- Choose a chocolate protein powder with as minimal ingredients as possible (make sure you use one with no refined sugars or artificial flavorings), like this organic plant-based chocolate protein powder.
- This recipe can be made without protein powder by substituting the protein powder with 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder. Adjust the maple syrup as needed for desired sweetness.