Give your morning a burst of flavor with these low-sugar muffins that are moist, light, and fluffy. The blueberry and lemon flavors pair perfectly with the nutty pistachios, making these muffins a delicious sweet and salty treat.
Blueberry Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins with Pistachio Crumble
Makes 14 muffins
- ½ cup ghee, at room temperature
- ¾ cup xylitol
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened cashew milk
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sprouted whole-wheat flour
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (see note)
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- ¼ cup pistachios, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a muffin pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Use a handheld mixer to beat ghee and xylitol in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- On low speed, mix in one egg at a time.
- Add cashew milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, protein powder, xylitol, baking powder, and salt.
- Dump dry ingredients into the large mixing bowl of the wet ingredients. Blend until batter is smooth.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Evenly pour muffin batter into muffin molds, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle each muffin with pistachios and bake in the oven for 20-24 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of muffins.
- Remove muffins from oven and let them cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!
- Look for a vanilla protein powder made of wholesome ingredients, like this plant-based organic vanilla protein powder.