If you’re into meal prep (& even if you’re not) this fruity, filling dish is perfect for a week-long breakfast, full of flavor and nutritious foods! Lightly sweetened with maple syrup, bananas, and blueberries, this baked oatmeal has no artificial sweeteners and is also gluten-free and vegan-friendly.
For an additional protein boost, add 1-2 scoops of your favorite protein powder. I recommend using a vanilla or berry flavored protein powder. To keep it vegan, choose a vegan protein powder and to keep it refined sugar free, check the labels! For 1 scoop of protein powder, add an additional ¼ cup almond milk. For 2 scoops of protein powder, add an additional 1/3 cup almond milk.
Baked Banana Berry Oatmeal
This recipe is free of gluten, dairy, refined sugars, refined oils, and peanuts.
Makes 16 servings // 1 serving is about ½ cup oatmeal
Nutritional info for 1 serving: 138 calories, 3.4g protein, 19.8g carbs, 5.6g fat, 10g sugar, 2.8g fiber
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ cup almonds, chopped and divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon egg replacer (see note)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ bananas, peeled and sliced into coin sized pieces, about½ inch thick, divided
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
- Optional Toppings: coconut cream, a drizzle of maple syrup, and fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat an 8×8” dish with non-stick spray (or coconut oil) and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together oats, ¼ cup almonds, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together syrup, milk, egg replacer, coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
- Pour wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients. Stir until well combined.
- Stir it 1 cup of the bananas and 1 cup of the berries.
- Pour oatmeal mixture into prepared bowl and top with the remaining bananas, berries, and almonds.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until edges are slightly golden brown and center is set.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 20 minutes before serving. Enjoy
- The egg replacer I use consists of chia seeds and garbanzo beans.