This delicious combo of salted caramel and chocolate takes this decadent vegan treat to a whole new level – and you won’t believe how ridiculously easy they are to make. You only need 5 ingredients to create, what I expect to be, one of your favorite treats to keep on hand!
Homemade Salted Caramel Chocolate Cups
Makes 12 chocolate cups
- 2/3 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate, melted
- Soak medjool dates in water for 30 minutes. Drain water then pour dates into a food processor or blender.
- To the food processor, add coconut oil, cacao powder, and salt.
- Process mixture, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl a few times, until everything is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, melt chocolate chips.
- Place 12 mini silicone cupcake liners on a sheet pan.
*Or use mini cupcake pan coated with non-stick spray or coconut oil.
- Spoon about ½ teaspoon of melted chocolate into each liner, ensuring the chocolate completely coats the bottom of the liner.
- Next, drop about 1 tablespoon of salted caramel mixture into each liner.
- Lastly, evenly spoon the remainder of melted chocolate into each liner, filling each to the top.
- Smooth everything down with a spoon.
- Place cups in the fridge until chocolate hardens. Enjoy!
- I like using this vegan and paleo friendly chocolate bar since it’s made with real ingredients and tastes yummy!
- If you don’t have cacao powder, unsweetened cocoa powder can be used instead.