Refreshing and Bubbly Peach Mint Summer Cocktailgo to recipe
With a dose of booze or not, this is a perfect summer cocktail that will give you sweet, bubbly sips of refreshing seasonal flavors from fresh ingredients like mint, peach, and lemon. It makes a popular drink to enjoy as you lounge by the pool, host an outdoor barbecue party (while following covid guidelines, of course 😑), or after the kids go to bed when you can relax and watch your favorite tv show
Traditional simple syrup is made by boiling water and white sugar until the sugar dissolves. It’s an often used addition in cocktails and beverages for added sweetness. Since refined sugar are a no-go here, a quick and easy honey simple syrup is added to these beverages instead. What’s great about honey is not a lot is needed to get that perfect sweet addition to these delicious drinks.
Bubbly drinks are always fun! Sparkling water has no sugar and makes a healthy bubbly choice. It also tones down the tart lemon flavor and adds a light and refreshing twist.
I am lucky enough to have a wonderful neighbor that lent me fresh, organic mint. It started as one little sprig that has now taken over the pot and grown tons of beautiful mint leaves.
In this recipe, muddling the mint with the peach releases the pleasing aromas and seasonal flavors even more that just simply stirring it into the drink. Plus, mint with peaches and bubbles really makes a tasty festive treat that’s equally as good with or without alcohol.
Other recipes that may catch your mint eye are the Frozen Dark Chocolate Mint Patties and these Gluten-Free Lime Sugar Cookie Bars with Lime Icing.
Although this is inspired by flavors of the summer and spring, this Light and Refreshing Sparkling Cranberry Holiday Cocktail is perfect for the fall and winter!
Refreshing and Bubbly Peach Mint Summer Cocktail
- 7 peaches - pitted and sliced
- 28 fresh mint sprigs - plus more for garnish
- ¾ cup honey simple syrup - cooled (see note)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons ginger juice
- 4 cups sparkling water
- 4 cups of Ice - plus more for cocktail glasses
- Vodka - optional
- To make the honey simple syrup, pour equal parts honey and filtered water in a saucepan. I would start with 2 cups each (You may end up wanting to make way more of these yummy cocktails and it lasts in the fridge for a while when you store it in an airtight mason jar). Heat mixture on low heat for 5-10 minutes and stir together. Pour in storage glass container and let cool.
- Place 1 ripe peach (peeled) and 24 mint sprigs in a muddler. Muddle together until fragrant and most of the mint has formed into small pieces.
- For the next 6 peaches, slice 3 of them in to slices and put the other half in a food processor.
- Blend peaches in processor until smooth. This makes about 1 cup of peach puree.
- Fill a standard-sized large pitcher (about 2-2.5 quarts) with 4 cups of ice. Next pour in the muddled mixture followed by the peach puree, honey simple syrup, lemon juice and ginger juice.
- Finish off by adding in 4 cups of sparkling water. Give it a swirl and serve immediately in a cocktail glass fill will ice.
- Garnish with more fresh mint and peach slices.
- For an alcoholic drink, fill a tall cocktail glass with ice and cocktail. Add 1-2 oz of vodka, or liquor of choice, stir it a bit, then serve.
- You can substitute honey with pure maple syrup if desired. You just want to make sure that everything is warmed and thinned out a bit. Also, make sure the simple syrup cools a bit so it doesn’t melt the ice when you mix everything together.
- You can also use seltzer or club soda instead of sparkling water. Make sure none of these drinks have unwanted added flavors or sugars.