You won’t believe how simple it is to make these refreshing popsicles that contain no added artificial dyes or food coloring. You need only 4 ingredients and 5 minutes of your time to prepare this delightful treat. The stunning red color comes from freshly pureed raspberries that are combined with a creamy vanilla protein mix to create a popsicle that’s equal in beauty and taste.
RASPBERRIES & CREAM POPSICLES
Makes 8 servings
1 serving is 1 popsicle
Nutritional info for 1 serving: 132 calories, 2.6g protein, 15g carbs, 7.8g fat, 7.8g sugar, 1.8g fiber
- 3 cups raspberries
- 2 tablespoons honey (or maple syrup)
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk, divided (see notes)
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder (see notes)
* What you will need:
- 8 standard popsicle molds
- 8 popsicle sticks
- (I ordered a stainless steel set from amazon)
1. Blend raspberries, honey, and ¼ cup milk in a food processor (or blender) until smooth.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the remainder of almond milk and protein powder until smooth.
3. Fill each popsicle mold half of the way up with pureed raspberries.
4. Fill the remainder of the molds with milk mixture until it reaches the top. Give each a little stir to slightly combine the two mixtures.
5. Place the popsicle sticks into the mixture, cover each mold, and freeze for at least
6 hours. * I ran the popsicle molds under warm water for a few seconds to help remove the popsicles from the molds.
- I like Elmhurst almond milk because it’s strictly almonds and water.
- Look for a protein powder with no refined sugars or artificial flavors/preservatives, like this plant-based organic vanilla protein powder. You don’t want that mess in your gut, I promise 🙂