Looking for a decent bar for a snack but can’t seem to escape processed ingredients? Look no further because you’ve officially found the bar recipe of your dreams. All you need to do is stir, pour, and let it set, making this recipe super-duper easy! Honest – It takes no more than 5 minutes to make. My kiddos devoured them as if they had not just stuffed their mouths with food 15 mins ago.
These bars are appealing to many considering that contain zero dairy, soy, eggs, gluten, or artificial sweeteners. I added hemp protein powder in them to boost the calories but have also made them without the protein. Both versions are equally delicious!
I think these little gems offer a great protein to carb to fat ratio as well, which ensures your tummy will stay full for quite some time. Don’t you just love how Mother Nature works? Guaranteed if you consumed a Quaker Oats “chocolate chip oatmeal bar,” you’d be hungry again in 20 minutes. Wanna know why? They’re essentially a turd-sized glob of sugar (probs cane sugar which is 100% empty calories, carrying no nutritional benefit). No, really….just look at the ingredients next time you see them.
I love these for after-school snacks. They don’t make a huge mess, which allows me the opportunity to feed my kiddos on our way home from school. Have I mentioned that silence is almost non-existent in my life? The only times my precious little boy cherubs are content is while eating and sleeping. It’s funny because one day I will yearn for the chaos. Until then, eat away my little growing balls of energy.
No Bake Almond Blueberry Oatmeal Bars
Nutritional info for 1 serving: 170 calories, 5.1g protein, 14.5g carbs, 11.4g fat, 6.7g sugar, 3g fiber
- ¾ cup all natural almond butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1¼ cups gluten-free oats
- 1 scoop hemp protein powder (see notes)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup freeze dried blueberries (see notes)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together almond butter, maple syrup, and coconut oil until smooth.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients until well combined.
- Line an 8×8” dish with parchment paper.
- Spoon mixture into the dish and, using your hands or the back of a spoon, press the mixture down until it’s flat and covers bottom of the dish.
- Place dish in the fridge for an hour or until ready to eat.
- Slice into 16 bars and enjoy!
* Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.