Simple and delicious, these gluten-free, kid-approved bites are a perfect on-the-go snack. They are loaded with healthy fats (coconut oil), protein (peanut butter + protein powder), and carbohydrates (gluten-free oats) that all work together to keep both your energy up and tummy full. Plus, they taste delicious – I mean it’s got a perfect mix of chocolate and peanut butter, a winning flavor combo!
Since not everyone wants to use protein powder, I’ve listed an option in the notes section to make these without the addition of protein powder. I sometimes don’t want to add the extra protein in snacks that I know my kids will eat. Their diet is full of healthy protein so I don’t think it’s necessary to add extra in their daily snacks. Plus, the all-natural peanut butter is full of healthy protein!
These store well in the fridge & freezer, making them a convenient snack for when you’re on-the-go or wanting to do some meal-prep!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bites
This recipe is free of eggs, wheat, gluten, & refined oils.
Makes 16 bites
1 serving is 1 energy bite
- ½ cup medjool dates
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons all natural peanut butter
- 1½ scoops chocolate protein powder (see notes)
- 1¼ cups gluten-free rolled oats
- Soak medjool dates in water for 30 minutes. Drain water and pour dates into a food processor or blender.
- To the food processor, add coconut oil, peanut butter, and protein powder. Turn processor on and blend until mixture is smooth.
- Spoon mixture into a mixing bowl and stir in oats until all ingredients are well combined.
- Using your hands, roll about 1 tablespoon of mixture into a ball. Place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Repeat this step until 16 balls are made.
- Place energy bites in the fridge until ready to eat!
- To keep this recipe vegan, choose a vegan chocolate protein powder.
- To omit protein powder, use ¼ cup cacao powder and ¼ cup coconut sugar in its place.
- These will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.