Strawberries ‘n Cream Vanilla Sugar Cookie Cupsgo to recipe
Crunchy vanilla cookies filled with a light and sweet strawberry filling – they are calling your (& your honey’s) name! No artificial colors are used in this recipe, meaning the only real ingredient used to create this beautiful pink color is strawberries.
Ahhh love day. Isn’t is great? Love. But have you ever had a super tasty cookie? That is something to celebrate!
Cookie dough is always a funny thing to experiment with. I mean, who doesn’t love cookies. You know they’re my favorite treat. Always and forever I love all the cookies. If you can’t tell by the endless cookies posts (iced vegan vanilla chia sugar cookies, festive cranberry orange shortbread cookies, vegan double chocolate chia cookies, double chocolate almond flour cookies, spider web cookies…you get it) Can you also tell I like the chia seeds and the word festive?
And these adorable little cookie cups are a perfect treat for Valentine’s Day because of the festive colors and sweet flavors. But don’t get me twisted- they are also picture-perfect for any other day of the year simply because they are delish! Top them with festive heart-shaped sprinkles to add a Valentine’s Day touch.
vanilla sugar cookie cups
- 1/2 cup grassfed butter - (or vegan butter, see note)
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
tsp vanilla extract
cup whole wheat flour - (see note)
tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
strawberries 'n cream filling
- 1 (1.2 oz) bag bag freeze-dried strawberries - (see note)
- 2 (5.4 oz) cans coconut cream - , solid portion only
- 2 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand-held mixer to beat butter on high speed until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Add in sugar and, on high speed, beat with butter until light and airy.
- Add in egg and vanilla extract and mix on low speed just until mixed.
- Mix in whole-wheat flour, baking soda, and salt until combined. Place cookie dough in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll about 3 tablespoons of cookie dough into a ball and gently press into a muffin mold. Repeat until all 12 molds are filled with cookie dough.
- Bake in the oven for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and (since the cookie will puff up) gently flatten the center of each cookie, forming a cup-shaped cookie. I used the end of a muddler spoon. A regular spoon would work just fine. Make sure enough is pressed down for the filling.
- Let cookies cool in pan for 10 minutes then place on serving dish. Continue to let cool.
- Process freeze-dried strawberries in a food processor until a fine powder forms. Whisk together the solid portion of the coconut cream with the processed strawberries and honey until smooth.
- Spoon strawberry cream into each cooled cookie cup and finish with desired toppings. Serve cookie cups immediately. Store leftover cookies (if there are any) in the fridge.
- To make this recipe dairy-free, swap out the butter with coconut oil.
- To make this recipe vegan, use coconut oil instead of butter and your favorite egg replacement instead of the eggs.
- I try to eat sprouted foods as much as possible. I used this sprouted whole wheat flour in this recipe. For gluten-free cookies cups, replace the WW flour with oat flour.
- Look for freeze-dried strawberries with no added sugars (you’d be surprised to see how many brands add refined sugar to their cookies 😐)