S’mores Cupcakesgo to recipe
With a graham cracker cupcake topped with ooey-gooey marshmallows and rich melted chocolate, these lip-smacking cupcakes are possibly my favorite cupcake recipe to date! They will please people of all ages (especially kids) and are a perfect treat to serve at any party or gathering.
Dairy-free options are outlined in the notes section if that dietary need is required. But don’t worry – it just as easy to implement and creates an equally delicious cupcake.
My neightborhood is pretty awesome. The ladies get together once a month for wine club night (upon being invited to wine club night, I instantly knew these were my kinda people), which happened to coincide with my making these delicious cupcakes. That month, we happened to be meeting in someone’s backyard. It was totally a cozy night so I brought these with me. They were a big hit! I mean what gets better than wine with s’mores cupcakes?
- 16 marshmallows - see notes
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon unsalted grassfed butter - see notes
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a cupcake pan with non-stick spray or line the pan with cupcake liners.
- Combine almond flour, graham cracker flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and coconut sugar in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, beat butter until smooth using a handheld mixer or standing mixer.
- Add one egg at a time to the whipped butter and mix on low speed until smooth and well combined.
- Add about ½ of the dry ingredients to the egg/butter mixture and combine on low speed until smooth.
- Mix in the milk and vanilla extract.
- 7.Mix in the remainder of dry ingredients until cupcake batter is well combined.
- Evenly divide cupcake batter among 16 cupcake liners, filling each about 2/3 full, and bake in the oven for 16-18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of cupcake. Let cupcakes cool on wire rack then place them on a sheet pan.
- Cut 16 standard sized marshmallows into 3 horizontal pieces, creating 48 smaller pieces total. Top each cupcake with 3 pieces.
- Return cupcakes to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes, or until marshmallows are melted.
- Heat chocolate and butter together until melted and drizzle each cupcake with chocolate sauce.
- Enjoy cupcakes immediately. If unable to eat right away, they can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. I recommend heating them slightly in the microwave if enjoying out of the fridge. That will create a melted marshmallow chocolate topping that is worth the extra heating step!
- Simply make graham cracker flour by processing graham crackers of choice in a food processor until thin four forms. I’ve heard graham flour is a suitable substitute for a healthier option. Remember to adjust the coconut sugar to make up for the sugar not being used from graham crackers and add a tablespoon of ground cinnamon for an added flavor boost to mimic graham crackers.
- Dairy-Free Options: to keep the cupcakes dairy-free, coconut oil can be used in place of butter in both the cupcake ingredients and topping ingredients. For the cupcakes, melt the coconut oil and let cool before beating in the eggs. These marshmallows are vegan.