Some people like chewy cookies. Some prefer crunchy cookies. What if I told you these cookies delivery the best of both worlds? They are crunchy on the outside and ooey, gooey, melty, and chewy on the inside. The pumpkin is a great addition to these for many reasons, one of them being the health benefits. Pumpkin also delivers the perfect flavor and dreamy consistency!
Have you ever combined pumpkin and chocolate in a recipe? Sounds weird, right? I used to me a skeptic until I tasted these cookies. I’m a believer through and through and can attest to the delicious combo. The pumpkin also adds moisture to this recipe which pairs scrumptiously with the melted chocolate chips.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies
This recipe is free of gluten, soy, dairy, & peanuts.
Makes 15 cookies
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup cashew butter (see notes)
- 3 egg whites
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (see notes)
- 2/3 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with foil or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk pumpkin puree, cashew butter, and egg whites until smooth.
- Add the remainder of ingredients to the mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Using a small ice cream scoop (or your hands), drop 15 balls of cookie dough onto the sheet pan.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes then enjoy!
- You may substitute cashew butter with almond butter.
- To keep the recipe dairy-free, use a dairy-free protein powder made of wholesome ingredients, like this plant-based organic vanilla protein powder.