A treat that’s perfectly sweet and tart, these gluten-free bars have a crunchy pistachio crust that pairs deliciously with the smooth lime filling. It reminds me of a ‘healthified” key lime pie bar with a pistachio twist. So, if you are a key lime pie fan, I really hope you make these!
Creamy Lime Bars With Pistachio Crust
Makes 16 bars
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (see note)
- 1/3 cup gluten-free oat flour
- ½ cup pistachios
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- ½ cup coconut cream (use the solid portion only)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- Optional: crushed pistachios
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Add all of the crust ingredients, except coconut oil, to a food processor. Blend until mixture resembles a flour-like consistency. Pour into a mixing bowl and add the coconut oil. Stir until mixture turns crumbly.
- Spoon crust into a greased 8×8” baking dish. Press the crust down until it covers the bottom of the dish. Bake in the oven for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool while you make the filling.
- Using a hand-held mixer, beat eggs together on high speed. Add remainder of bar filling ingredients to the eggs and beat on low speed until smooth. Pour filling on top of cooled crust.
- Return dish to the oven and bake for an additional 26-30 minutes. Let bars cool in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Remove from fridge and cut into 16 squares. Enjoy!
- Look for a vanilla protein powder made of wholesome ingredients, like this plant-based organic vanilla protein powder.