If you are a fan of coconut pie and chocolate, you will truly love these no bake coconut chocolate chip cups that are free of gluten, refined sugar, and dairy. They are thick, creamy, and sweet, thanks to simple ingredients like coconut cream, honey, and protein powder, and are topped with chocolate chips that adds decadent chocolate flavor!
These treats are not only delicious but also belly-filling, satisfying cups of heaven. Each one will satisfy your sweet tooth without sending your mind into a whirlwind filled with guilt.
No Bake Coconut Chocolate Chip Protein Cups
Makes 8 cups
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey (see note)
- ¾ cup canned coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 scoops vegan vanilla protein powder (see note)
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips (see note)
- Whisk together the first 4 ingredients until mixture is smooth. If mixture clumps up or remains grainy, warm it in the microwave in 10-second increments until it melts smoothly when stirred.
- Whisk in protein powder until mixture is well combined.
- Evenly distribute mixture among 8 silicone cupcake liners, filling each about halfway. You may also use a cupcake pan, but make sure to grease each mold well.
- Evenly sprinkle chocolate chips on top of each cup.
- Place cups in the freezer for at least one hour. Remove from freezer and liner, let sit for 5 minutes, then enjoy!
- To make this treat vegan, use maple syrup instead of honey.
- I like to use chocolate that has no artificial or refined ingredients, like this chocolate bar. To use in this recipe, simply chop the bar into small pieces before sprinkling it on top of the cups.
- Look for a vanilla a protein powder made of wholesome ingredients, like this plant-based organic vanilla protein powder.