The summer head makes me feel as though I constantly need something cold to sip on, or in this case, eat on. What better way to cool off in this hot weather than with these refreshingly cool freezer pies! The zesty lemon paired with sweet berries is sure to send your taste buds to food heaven. Go ahead and make this gluten-free recipe for the whole family because it is 100% kid-approved.
Mini Berry Lemonade Freezer Pies
This recipe is free of eggs, wheat, gluten, grains, & peanuts.
Makes 6 servings
1 serving is 1 pie with 2T berries
Nutritional info for 1 serving: 200 calories, 9g protein, 11.8g carbs, 14.3g fat, 7.8g sugar, 1.5g fiber
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup plain cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¾ cup mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries)
- Put lemon juice, cream cheese, coconut milk, protein powder, and honey in a food processor or blender. Mix until smooth.
- While the processor is on, slowly pour in coconut oil (continuing to blend) until mixture is combined.
- Fill 6 silicone cupcake liners with pie filling until about 2/3 full. Top each pie with mixed berries.
- Place pies on a flat surface and freeze them for at least 2 hours, or until pie filling is fully frozen.
- When ready to serve, remove from the freezer (& cupcake liner) and let sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes then enjoy.
- To omit the protein powder, simply replace it with an additional 1/4 cup cream cheese and an additional 2 tablespoons honey.