This gluten-free recipe is very simple to prepare and super flavorful, thanks to the wholesome ingredients like lemon juice, coconut sugar, and almond flour. It makes a delicious, healthy option… to serve for breakfast, snack, or even dessert.
I love experimenting with gluten-free flours. There are so many to choose from, which is great but also unnerving as decision time approaches. Luckily for me I used the right combo on the very first try. The bread turns out soft and moist but also a bit dense (similar to banana bread). And I personally love any and all thing lemon. Basically…I ate it all.
Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
Makes 1 loaf
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup avocado oil (see note)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup full fat milk of choice (see note)
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Coat the inside of a loaf pan with coconut oil or non-stick spray.
- Stir together the first 8 ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together avocado oil, lemon juice, eggs, and milk until smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and whisk until smooth and well combined.
- Pour bread batter into loaf pan
- Bake for 36-40 minutes, or until golden brown on top and toothpick or knife comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the bread.
- Remove from oven and let bread sit in the pan for at least 20 minutes.
- Remove bread from pan and cut into 12 slices.
- You can substitute the avocado oil with olive oil, melted coconut oil, or melted grass-fed butter.
- I used grass-fed whole milk. Keep it dairt-free by using cashew milk, almond milk, or any full-fat milk alternative.