This mouthwatering gluten-free strawberry pistachio crisp is a huge hit among people of all ages. Using about 6 minutes of active prep time, it’s quick and easy to prepare and uses only wholesome ingredients like coconut sugar, oats, strawberries, and coconut oil.
Strawberries and pistachios go extremely well together. It’s not a typical pair but the salty and nutty pistachios balance the sweet and tangy strawberries perfectly. If you get unsalted pistachio, add salt as needed.
Gluten-Free Strawberry Pistachio Crisp
Makes 4 servings
1 serving is about ½ cup crisp
- 1½ scoops vanilla protein powder, divided (see note)
- ½ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 cups strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup pistachios, crushed
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 1-quart baking dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Stir together 1 scoop protein powder, oats, cinnamon, and coconut oil in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine strawberries, pistachios, ½ scoop protein powder, and xylitol.
- Spoon fruit mixture into prepared dish then evenly sprinkle the oat mixture on top of fruit. Lightly toss together.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until top is golden brown and fruit is bubbling. Let cool for 20 minutes then enjoy!
- Use a protein powder with wholesome ingredients, like this plant-based organic vanilla protein powder. I like to make sure there are no artificial flavors, preservatives, or refined sugars.
- You can omit the protein powder by using 1/3 cup oat flour or whole wheat flour in its place.