These rich and chewy cookies are free of gluten, grains, and wheat and will 100% satisfy any chocolate craving you may have. I love using almond meal flour for cookies because it’s a healthy alternative to white flour while giving cookies a soft and chewy texture. And let’s also add chocolate chips to them because more chocolate always makes life a little better!
Being the cookie fan that I am, I whipped up these tasty cookies one day when I was craving all of the things – chocolate, nut butter, cookies, sweets, chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate. To my surprise, these only took me 5 minutes of active prep time. Because girls can’t wait long to satisfy their chocolate cravings.
Double Chocolate Almond Flour Cookies
This recipe is free of dairy, wheat, gluten, grains, refined sugars, refined oils, & peanuts.
Makes 30 servings
- 2 cups almond meal flour
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (see notes)
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ½ cup chocolate chips (see notes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine almond flour, cacao powder, coconut sugar, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, milk, and almond butter until smooth. Pour this mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients.
- Stir batter until well combined.
- Using a small ice cream scoop (or spoon), drop about 2 tablespoons of cookie dough onto the sheet pan. Repeat this until 30 cookies are formed, using an additional sheet pan if necessary.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes. Cool cookies on a wire rack then enjoy!
- Use an almond milk with no added sugars or preservatives.
- Use chocolate chips or a chocolate bar with minimal, whole ingredients. Choose one with no artificial sweeteners, refined sugars, or refined oils. I like these chocolate bars.