This scrumptious pie combines bold, mouthwatering flavors to create a delicious pie that has it all! It’s prepared with wholesome ingredients only and is free of dairy, egg, soy and gluten.
Combining cherries with lime takes me back to my first taste of cherry limeade. I am just as hooked on this pie now as I was hooked on cherry limeades in high school.
I love how simple the ingredients are, too. Despite there being nothing super fancy about the ingredients list, the pie is full of flavor, making one think it took hours of your time and endless ingredients to create. It’s also LOADED with fiber, with each serving having 7.3g fiber!
Cherry Lime Pie with Almond Oat Crumble
Yields 8 servings
1 serving is 1 slice of pie
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 4 tablespoons water
- 4 cups dark cherries, pitted (I used frozen organic cherries)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegan vanilla protein powder (see note)
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a pie dish with coconut oil and set aside.
- Combine crust ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until well combined. Mixture should be crumbly.
- Pour crust mixture into pie dish and press down, forming a crust on the bottom and sides of the pie dish.
- Bake the crust in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- For the filling, mix together the cherries, lime juice, coconut sugar, and hemp protein powder.
- Pour filling into pie dish.
- Stir together all topping ingredients then sprinkle on top of cherry filling.
- Bake in the oven for 32-36 minutes, or until pie is bubbling.
- Let pie cool for 30 minutes then enjoy!
- Look for a vanilla protein powder made of wholesome ingredients, like this plant-based organic vanilla protein powder.
- You can substitute vanilla protein powder with oat flour.