No-Bake Triple Citrus ‘n Cream Coconut Snack Squaresgo to recipe
Three citrus flavors are combined with wholesome ingredients, like coconut flakes and pure maple syrup, in these super simple yet delicious no-bake triple citrus ‘n cream coconut snack squares. They accommodate several dietary restrictions as they are vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, and free of refined ingredients.
Although this treat is high in calories, you can feel good knowing the fats are healthy and come from whole-food ingredients that are unrefined and offer several health benefits. Ingredients like coconut cream, coconut flakes, and coconut oil are perfect for non-stop growing kiddos and are also especially great to consume for healthy skin, hair, and gut.
Pure maple syrup adds whole-food sweetness to these bars while keeping the bars both free of refined sugar and vegan-friendly. I use this Organic Maple Syrup Grade A Dark Color. The color of maple syrup can range from light tan to dark brown. Some of it has to do with the sap used. Some of it has to do with the time of year it’s produced. When maple syrup is produced early in the year, it tends to be lighter. And it will be darker when produced later in the year. Make sure to use a pure grade maple syrup and avoid imitation maple syrups that are full of artificial crap and refined sweeteners. While it does contain healthy qualities like antioxidants and minerals (calcium, zinc, iron, potassium, and manganese), it’s still mostly made of sucrose and should be enjoyed in moderation. My 5 Minute Brownie Batter Cashew Butter (it’s definitely in the top 10 favorites recipes I’ve made) is a super yummy recipe that requires maple syrup.
No-Bake Triple Citrus ‘n Cream Coconut Snack Squares
- 4¼ cups unsweetened coconut - shredded (see note)
- 1 tbsp lemon zest - about 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- ½ cup coconut cream
- ½ cup coconut oil - melted (see note)
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- Line an 8x8’” baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together all ingredients until incorporated and well combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared dish and smooth down using the back of a spoon.
- Place bars in the fridge for at least 2 hours, or until coconut oil has hardened.
- Slice into 16 squares and serve.
- These can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- These Organic Coconut Flakes are shredded thin, which is perfect for this recipe since you want everything to stay together.
- I use this Organic Unrefined Coconut Oil a ton – it’s a good quality coconut oil while also being reasonably priced.