Easy & Healthy Honey Dijon Brussels Sprout Salad
This salad is overflowing with flavorful, healthy goodness! The sweet and salty combo paired with the crunch from the apples, pine nuts, and onion is sure to be a crowd pleaser. It’s the perfect side dish next to your typical, heavy holiday dishes since it delivers a light and fresh taste. The dressing adds just enough sweet and salty flavors that makes everyone ask for more.
Crunchy Holiday Salad
Makes 12 servings
1 serving is about 1/2 cup salad
- 1 lb. brussel sprouts
- ¾ cup pine nuts
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- ½ small red onion
- Optional: ½ (12 oz.) package uncured bacon, cooked and crumbled
Honey Dijon Dressing
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
1. Cut off the ends of the brussel sprouts. Using a knife or slicer, thinly slice each brussel sprout.
2. Thinly slice the onion in a similar manner as the sprouts.
3. Place the pine nuts on a small skillet over low to medium heat. Toast, stirring often, until pine nuts are fragrant and light brown, about 2-3 minutes. Once toasted, pour into a large mixing bowl.
4. To the bowl, add the shaved sprouts, diced apple, cranberries, crumbled bacon (if used), and sliced onion. Stir to combined.
5. Add all dressing ingredients to a separate mixing bowl and whisk well. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
6. Place salad in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Serve and enjoy!